One of the greatest reasons why more and more mums are choosing breast pumps, today, is the fact that with its help the baby gets mother’s milk even when she is not around. There are several benefits that a breast pump provides and every mum has her own reasons for expressing milk.
Prior to offering a bottle you must ensure that your baby is at least six weeks old prior to making him or her feed from a bottle. You can go for a simple and manual breast pump so that if you want an occasional break you can easily express milk with it.
It may happen that you are only able to express with a particular type of pump. So if you have got a different one and are not being able to express with it then you should not assume that you cannot express. Instead you should give it back and take a refund and try a different one.
How to Purchase a Manual Breast Pump
So here are certain things that you should keep in mind at the time of purchasing a manual breast pump.
Things that You Should Do While Purchasing a Manual Breast Pump
- You must understand how often you should use the breast. If you want to use it frequently then you should go for an electric breast pump. On the other hand, if you want to use it occasionally then you should go for a manual breast pump.
- You should check the review prior to purchasing the pump and go for the ones that not only have the best features but also the best reviews.
- Think about how much time you can devote to milk-expressing. You should go for an electric pump if you want things to be quick.
- Check if the breast flange fits you perfectly.
- You should always go for a pump that you can operate easily.
- It is essential to check the breast pump’s warranty period.
Things that You Should Not Do While Purchasing a Manual Breast Pump
- You should never buy or rent a breast pump that is not meant for multiple users.
- Without proper demonstration you should never invest in a breast pump.
- Do not purchase breast pumps from companies that you haven’t heard of or are not that reputed.
Reasons for Using Manual Breast Pump
Simplicity and convenience are the biggest advantages of the manual breast pumps. Manual hand pumps feel more natural and mimic the sucking act of the baby and that is why it is preferred by most people.
Here are some of the primary reasons to use breast pumps.
- The manual breast pumps are much more cost-effective than electric ones and there is nothing to invest once the product is bought.
- These pumps are compact and can be fitted easily into the bag.
- Since lesser components are included hence these pumps can be easily cleaned and sterilised.
- They are very light-weight and quite.
- Its mechanism is pretty simple and anyone can do it.
The above are some of the major reasons why you should purchase manual breast pump for your baby. Purchase one and ensure that your baby is not deprived of the purest form of nutrition which is your milk even when you are away.