Puffy eyes occur when the area around our eyes swell, usually due to accumulation of fluids. The skin around the eyes are thin and delicate, which makes the swelling very pronounced. There’s a lot of information online on how certain tools like a natural face massage roller like the jade roller can help with puffy eyes. But before we get to the treatment, let’s find out what causes puffy eyes. Here are the common ones:
- Lack of sleep. This is the number one culprit of puffy eyes for most because it causes the eye area to retain more fluid.
- Our tears are produced by lacrimal glands, located on the upper part of our eyes where we usually draw the letter “V” in our eyeshadow looks. When we cry, these glands go into overdrive and produce excess tears or more tears than necessary to lubricate and clean the eyes. The excess tears are absorbed the skin around our eyes, causing it to puff up.
- It causes puffy eyes in 2 ways. First, it makes it lowers the anti-diuretic hormone in our body. Second, it disrupts our sleeping pattern and lack of sleep leads to fluid retention.
- We don’t blink when we sleep and this causes fluids in our eye area to pool. It’s the same principle if we are sedentary, fluids pool in our inactive extremities. Once we start moving or blinking again, the pooled fluids are circulated back into our system.
- Bad hygiene. Never sleep with your make-up on and wash your face before you go to sleep. Our eyes are not designed to sleep with eyeliners, eyeshadows and other foreign matters. If we leave them on, they can irritate our eye area or worse enter our eyes.
Get rid of puffy eyes fast and naturally with a natural face massage roller and Aloe Vera
Getting rid of puffy eyes fast and naturally is possible with two simple items – a natural face massage roller like the jade roller and Aloe Vera.
The ediva jade roller is well-known for its ability to promote circulation and lymphatic drainage. Stored in the freezer overnight, it can zap puffy eyes away in minutes.
Aloe Vera is known for its healing, soothing and moisturizing properties. It’s rich in antioxidants and is an effective anti-aging weapon. You can use commercially sold Aloe Vera, just make sure it’s pure and organic. But if you can grow your own, that would be better. You can cut a portion of its flesh, scrape and apply to your under-eye area. Get the natural face massage roller you chilled overnight and glide in your under-eye area in gentle, sideward motions. Repeat 4 to 5 times without rolling backwards. Your eyes will feel refreshed and well moisturized after!
Puffy eyes can be annoying but using a natural face massage roller and Aloe Vera together can de-puff them fast and naturally. In some cases, puffy eyes are symptomatic of a more serious medical condition, specially if the swelling persists, there’s bleeding or any discharge of liquid, and pain. If you get these kinds of symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.